Grade 9 Chemistry Science Projects
Below I have listed 5 complete simple Grade 9 Chemistry Science Fair Projects that you can buy in a bundle for only $1.00 :-) That's right, here they are, all 5 complete Grade 9 Chemistry Science Fair Projects for only $1.00!
- Chemistry 1 - Chemistry Magic - The Balloon Self Inflator The purpose of this science fair project is to understand the reaction between vinegar (a weak acid) and sodium bicarbonate. Acids have many properties such as a sour taste, they dissolve in water to form solutions that conduct electricity, can release hydrogen when add to certain metals, and can neutralize bases.
- Chemistry 2 - The Colorful Properties Of Capillaries How Plants And Trees Gain Nourishment The purpose of this science fair project is to understand how capillaries work in foods such as celery. The stem of a stalk of celery contains tiny tubes called the capillaries. There is a scientific principle called "Capillary Action". Capillary Action is the tendency of liquids in tiny tubes to rise in the tubes. Capillary Action is possible because air pressure that presses on the liquid and the bottom of the celery stalk is greater than the air pressure inside of the stalk.
- Chemistry 3 - The purpose of this science fair project is to explore the rusting effects of chemical oxidation. Oxygen is very reactive and makes up 21% of the atmosphere. The combination of oxygen with substances such as wood, oil and coal are what creates heat and light from flames. This combination of oxygen with other substances is referred to as "oxidation".
- Chemistry 4 - The purpose of this science fair project is to understand Capillary action and siphon action to create Stalactites and Stalagmites. Stalactites are icicle shaped deposits that hang from the roof or sides of a cavern. Stalagmites are inverted icicle shaped deposits that rise up from the floor of a cavern. Capillary Action is a result of the attraction that liquids have to interior solid surfaces in tiny tubes. Siphon action is a result of the weight of liquid in the tiny tube or substance.
- Chemistry 5 - The purpose of this science fair project is to understand how the properties of lemon juice reacts with heat. The acids, sugars, and other chemicals in dried lemon juice will turn brown when placed in front of a heat source. Chromatography will also be explored. Chromatography is the process of spotting a chemical on an absorbent material and dipping an edge of the material in liquid which reveals a spot that separates into colored spots. Use chromatography to create a secret code.